Monday, August 1, 2011

Ravioli Bake

This ravioli dish made me reminiscence about the days of summer as a kid. Before we were old enough to get a job, my brother and I would enjoy the summer vacation immensely. He would memorize his baseball card collection and I would organize my closet. Fun, huh? We thought so. At lunch, Galan would "make a sandwich". He would grab a slice of turkey meat out of the refrigerator, eat it, grab a slice of cheese, eat it, grab a pickle, and eat it. Tasty lunch complete. My meal usually consisted of heating up a can of Chef Boyardee Raviolis. Galan hovered around and finished what I couldn't eat. I haven't visited Chef Boyardee in a very long time and I don't see a reunion happening in the near future.

This Ravioli Bake was so easy to make and I'm confident you can find similar ingredients at your local grocery store. In 30 minutes, we were enjoying Italian food!
Ingredients:
1 jar of spaghetti sauce (we used Basil flavored)
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (I added a little parmesan cheese)
olive oil cooking spray
baby spinach leaves
2 packages of Beef Ravioli
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. Add a thin layer of spaghetti sauce to the bottom of the pan. Cook ravioli in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain. Spread half the ravioli into the pan. Spread half the remaining sauce over the ravioli. Add the spinach leaves. Add the remainder of the ravioli, then cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown and is melted. And just like that, dinner is ready!
E: 10
A: 9 - I couldn't give it a perfect 10, but it was close
T: 10
HH: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some comment love... you know you want to.