Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Poppy Seed Chicken

This is one of my favorite meals.  It's the first meal I made for Justin when we started dating.  I love to make it for others because I feel like it's a dish most everyone likes.  Mine is a little different than most, the recipe I used called for cream of chicken, but one time when I made it I only had cream of mushroom so I used that instead and like it better!  Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • Chicken, cooked and cut into pieces (I usually boil it in chicken broth)
  • 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 1 Cup of Sour Cream
  • 2 teaspoons Poppy Seeds
  • One tube of Whole Wheat Ritz Crackers
  • 1/2 Stick of Butter
Directions:

     Preheat oven to 350.  Combine Chicken, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Sour Cream, and Poppy Seeds.  Mix well and pour into a 9" x 9" pan.  Melt Butter.  Crush crackers in a bowl.  Combine butter and crackers, then spread on top of the chicken mixture.  Bake for 30 minutes.  I usually serve it over rice.

Here's how it looked on my plate:




     It tastes better than it looks... maybe one day I'll learn how to make my food like it does in the magazines and take good pictures of it.  Let me know if you make it.  I hope you enjoy!

E:  9
A:  9
T:  9

HH:  9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some comment love... you know you want to.