Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Healthy Brownies?

I found a recipe (if you can call it that) a few months ago for brownies that had fiber, and were not terrible for you.  It sounds gross, but I wanted to give it a try anyway.  All you need is a package of brownie mix and a can of black beans... yes, black beans.  Drain the can of black beans, rinse them until the water runs clear, fill the can with water to just cover the beans, then puree the beans and water.  You mix the pureed beans with the brownie mix and bake according to the what the box says.  (Don't add the eggs, butter, oil, or whatever else the mix calls for.)

They actually didn't taste that bad.  I think if I hadn't known what was in them I would have liked them better.  Justin doesn't really like chocolate, but liked them ok.  Our friend, Mark, was staying with us the night I made them, and he seemed to like them. I didn't tell him there were black beans in them until after he had eaten one, I recommend this if you make them.  He still ate more after he knew what was in them, so I guess that's a good sign.

Justin and Mark enjoying the bean brownies

E:  8
A:  7
T:  8

HH:  6 (he just doesn't like chocolate that much)

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try this but haven't gotten around to it yet! I bet y'all had fun with Mark.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some comment love... you know you want to.