Sunday, July 3, 2011

Easy Cottage Pie

I'm on the other side of the world, therefore I'm in the midst of winter. I know, it's weird. My body is confused by the weather. I decided to make this warm meal on a cooler evening. This was the 3rd meal I chose from the Cole's Supermarket website this week.

I love to look through cookbooks or magazines. The images are so tantalizing. I think it's hilarious when I finish cooking and my creation looks nothing like the image. Here's an example:

Easy Cottage Pie - go here for the recipe and the picture-perfect pie

And here's mine...
It tasted delicious, so who cares what it looks like, right? We froze half of this one, so our freezer is filling up.
E: 7 - the sweet potatoes took some time peeling and slicing
A: 7
T: 7 - I'm learning to use a gas stove/oven for the first time (I love it!)
HH: 8 - reminded him of Shepherd's Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some comment love... you know you want to.