Monday, April 25, 2011

Smoosh

I know, odd title, but I'm really bad at coming up with names.  I was trying to come up with something that used the first letter of the ingredients, but this is what it turned into... just go with it.  (Which makes me think of this movie - it was really cute, if you haven't seen it you should... ok, back to food.)

This was a quick dish using ingredients we had in the pantry/fridge.   It was one of those days I hadn't planned anything and I got home from work about the time Justin was waking up, so only had as much time as it took him to get ready for work.  I thought it was pretty good for just "throwing something together."

Ingredients:
  • chicken broth (about a 1/4 cup)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • sour cream (about a cup)
  • 1 small can of chopped mushrooms (drained)
  • 1 can of spinach (drained)
  • sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
  • 1 lb ground turkey meat
  • whole wheat pasta

Here's what I did:

I poured some chicken broth into a pan and then added the can of cream of mushroom soup and sour cream.


Next I added the can of spinach (drained) and the ground turkey meat.


Earlier in the week I browned turkey meat, separated into 1 pound portions, put it in a labeled zip lock bag, and froze it.  Having part of the meal "pre-prepared" helps speed the cooking process.

My labeled bag the turkey was frozen in.


While I was working on the sauce, I started the pasta cooking:


Next, I added the sun-dried tomatoes and can of mushrooms (drained).  I think the sun-dried tomatoes added a nice flavor to the dish.  Then I just let it simmer for a few minutes:

It tastes better than it looks, I promise.

Here's how it looked on my plate:

Goat Cheese makes everything better - so we added some on top.

Rating Scale:

E:  9
A: 10 (I didn't plan ahead at all.)
T:  9

HH:  8 - He told me he liked as much (maybe more) than this post.  I like the curry better.


I'm linking to:

1 comment:

  1. This looks great - I love that you labeled your ground turkey with how it was spiced...I tend to forget that part!! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some comment love... you know you want to.