Thursday, April 14, 2011

Feta Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burger Sliders - Take 2

Remember the delicious looking sliders Freddie made in this post?  Well, as we said from the beginning the purpose of this blog is to help each other figure out what to make for dinner.  So, when I saw these sliders, I knew I wanted to make them.  Here is the recipe again.  They were very good.  The only thing I'd do differently is add a little more salt or some other spice to the meat before I cook it.  If you haven't noticed, I can't just go straight by a recipe, I have to tweak something to make it "mine."  In this dish it was a minor tweak, but I highly recommend it.  The recipe has you make your own sun-dried tomato mayonnaise with 1 cup of mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of sun-dried tomatoes.  Instead of mayo (in the name of being more healthy, just because I love it, and that's what I had)  I used plain non-fat Greek yogurt.  If you don't like Greek yogurt, then you probably won't like this, but we love it, so we thought it added an awesome twist to this dish.  I also chopped the sun-dried tomatoes in my mini food chopper to make them blend better.  Here's what the sliders looked like on my plate:



 Let us know if you try this and how you put your twist on it!

E:  7
A:  8
T:  7

HH: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some comment love... you know you want to.