Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Date Night Pizza

Justin and I made this the first time we cooked together:

Date Night Pizza


It was delicious.  The wonderful thing about making pizza yourself is you just put your favorite things on top, so you end up with a dish that you love.  

There's no recipe for this, we just made it up as we went. Here's how we did it, but you can make any adjustments you like. 

First we rolled out thin crust pizza dough (you can find it with the biscuits at the grocery store).  Then, we spread alfredo sauce over the dough.  Next, we covered it with mozzarella cheese.  



Now to the fun part.  (It's important that you cook all your toppings that can't be eaten raw before you put them on your pizza.)  We sauteed chicken and mushrooms, then sprinkled them on top.  Next, we cut up artichokes and black olives and added them to the pizza. 



(I LOVE black olives... when we were little my sister and I would get cans of black olives in our Christmas stockings from our grandparents... it was always our favorite thing in the stocking.)  

Then, we topped it with feta cheese (yum!).  Next, we put it in the oven and baked it according to the pizza dough package directions.  Finally, we ate!



We've made this again a few time and put different things on it.  We've used goat cheese - I loved this, I think it was better than the feta.  We've also added sauteed spinach, which added some nice color (you know I love green) and flavor to the dish.  You can really do whatever you think tastes great together.  I think I'd like to try sauteed veggies like squash and zucchini sometime... I'll let you know if I try it.

Here are my ratings:
E:9
A:9 (You can use whatever you have and make it differently every time.)
T:8

HH: 10 


2 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks great! Pizza is SO versatile b/c you can do so much with it. I think adding spinach would just make this one the best. What a fun date night. BTW, I totally meant to link you in my post the other night...going to do it soon. Gotta give credit where credit is due! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love when people can cook together...me and my husband are not two of those people!! It winds up to be world war 3 every time we try...but we keep trying! i guess that's what the first year of marriage is all about. Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday and stay tuned for my GIVEAWAY that will be launching on Sunday...

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some comment love... you know you want to.