Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chicken Schnitzel Salad

When I'm feeling healthy, I'll order a salad at a restaurant or fast-food chain. Then, about an hour later, I'm regretting my decision and wishing I had a hamburger. This salad, however, is filling. The chicken and pumpkin are delicious and the vinaigrette is the perfect sweetness. Enjoy!
Ingredients:
CHICKEN
2 cups dried breadcrumbs
1/3 cup parsley, roughly chopped
4 chicken breasts pounded thinly
1/2 cup flour
3 eggs lightly beaten
1/4 cup olive oil

PUMPKIN
1 tbsp olive oil
1 sprig fresh thyme
1/2 small butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded and sliced thinly

SALAD
1 Pink Lady apple, cored, cut into quarters and thinly sliced
3 tbsp parsley leaves
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 small head Red Fancy lettuce, leaves separated and torn
1/2 cup Blue Cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup toasted walnuts

VINAIGRETTE
2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp honey
3 tbsp olive oil

Directions:
Here's the recipe from our local grocery store, Coles. Curtis Stone will show you how to make Chicken Schnitzel Salad. You're welcome.

E: 9
A: 8 - let me just go get my butternut pumpkin from the garden... not.
T: 8 - the taste is worth it!
HH: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some comment love... you know you want to.