Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kitchen Tricks

Any kind of advice pertaining to cutting down preparation time in the kitchen is welcomed. When I first started cooking, it took a few attempts to grasp multi-tasking in the kitchen. What are some of your tricks in the kitchen? Here's one of my favorite shortcuts.
I was making a Chicken Stroganoff dish for dinner and I needed the mushrooms sliced. If you're like me and slow with cutting, then you'll appreciate this trick. Take the mushroom and slice it with an egg slicer. You've got perfectly sliced mushrooms in no time.
I know you're dying to know what our kitchen looks like too. I've included a picture for your curiosity. The stove is a gas stove and I love it. Check out the Nespresso machine to the right of the refrigerator. That's right ladies and gentleman, I'm a coffee drinker. We love our little city apartment.
Go ahead and share some of your kitchen tips and favorite kitchen appliances. I know I have a lot to learn. I'm always overwhelmed browsing stores such as Bed Bath & Beyond because the kitchen utensil selection is the size of my whole apartment. Outrageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some comment love... you know you want to.