Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rice, Rice, Baby

The title is lame. I apologize.

You have to admit that singing a little Vanilla Ice is nostalgic and humorous. We love rice. And easy meals. This recipe, provided by the fabulous Jess Followell, combines these two things and puts dinner on the table.

Ingredients:
cooking spray
1 cream of broccoli soup
2 cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups Minute rice
1 lb. chicken cut into strips

Directions:
Spray inside of Crock-Pot really well with cooking spray. Mix soups together and put in Crock-Pot. Pour broth on top but don't mix. Pour rice on top and squish, not mix, into broth. Put chicken on top. Add salt and pepper. Cook 2.5-3 hours on high.

Here's an honest disaster from the Vines kitchen. I couldn't find Cream of Broccoli soup at the grocery store, so I bought another green vegetable... Cream of Asparagus soup. I knew it would taste different, but it was worth the chance. This substitution in the recipe was not good; I wished I could have found Cream of Broccoli. I'm holding my nose as I eat the leftovers. And I've renamed asparagus - asparaGROSS.
After a little Google research, I discovered that Australia does not carry Campbell's Cream of Broccoli soup. Well, shucks.

What other substitutions have you tried and regretted?

E: 10
A: 2 - MIA Cream of Broccoli soup
T: 9
HHusband: 4 - Eliott likes asparagus, but not this recipe
HWife: 2 - Heather does not like asparaGROSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some comment love... you know you want to.