Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chili's Salsa

Back in high school, Chili's was the hangout spot for a few of my friends. I'm sure the waiter or waitress hated us. We would order chips and salsa, Shirley Temples, and stay for hours. When I ran across this recipe, I was so excited. I found it over at Six Sisters' Stuff.
Cumin is my favorite spice at the moment.
Ingredients:
2 cans (14.5 ounce each) whole tomatoes, drained (I bought crushed)
1 small (4 ounce) can diced jalapenos
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic salt (I minced garlic)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon lime juice
This is my conversion chart I use EVERY time I'm in the kitchen. 
Directions:
Place all of the ingredients together in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. I bought crushed tomatoes, so I didn't blend anything. I diced the onions and jalapenos very finely too. Serve with tortilla chips. This stuff is dangerous if left out on the counter before dinner.

I made Round 2 of Chili's Salsa at Jordan & Jessica Wood's Rockin' New Year's Eve Party. This time, I used the whole tomatoes and garlic salt, and it tasted the exact same. Jordan said, "This tastes JUST like Chili's!" Mission accomplished.
E: 10
A: 9 - most of these items are staples in our house
T: 10
HH: 10 - extremely happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some comment love... you know you want to.